As noted in the legal terms and conditions, commercial (for profit or non-profit organization) use requires written authorization from ADS-B Exchange. This is necessary to ensure operating this site remains financially viable and continues to provide unfiltered global tracking services.
Commercial users are required to contact ADSBexchange for a commercial data license agreement. While our pricing is far less than other “big” providers, the technical infrastructure for running a site of this scale does require ongoing funds to support it.
No bulk resale or redistribution is permitted without consent from ADSBexchange.com.
Global low latency access is available with a commercial usage agreement. Contact ADSBexchange.com for information and pricing. See “Sample Data” section below.
Samples of the data ADSBexchange collects are available for evaluation. Complete data from the 1st of each month are made available free of charge.
For commercial agreements, it is possible to push all data to customer-owned cloud storage data buckets (AWS/S3, Azure, etc.) on a daily or more frequent basis for import/analysis by your own tools.
Available Aircraft Data
- “readsb-hist” – Snapshots of all global airborne traffic are archived every 5 seconds starting May 2020, (prior data is available every 60 secs from starting in July 2016). https://samples.adsbexchange.com/readsb-hist/2023/05/01
- “Trace Files” – Activity by individual ICAO hex for all aircraft during one 24-hour period are sub-organized by last two digits of hex code.
- “hires-traces” – Same as trace files, but with an even higher sample rate of 2x per second, for detailed analysis of flightpaths, accidents, etc.
- “ACAS” – TCAS/ACAS alerts detected by our ground stations, by day. https://samples.adsbexchange.com/acas/yyyy/mm/dd/
- “operations” (in development) – Using ADS-B path data, we determine takeoffs and landings (with runway used) at airports and heliports worldwide.
Explanation of data fields: https://www.adsbexchange.com/version-2-api
Aircraft database (updated daily from government and various sources): http://downloads.adsbexchange.com/downloads/basic-ac-db.json.gz